Friday, July 29, 2005

Wednesday & Thursday In Reno

Wednesday was great. I met up with a couple of friends, Susan Baxter and Patti O'Shea. We had a great lunch at a sushi restaurant--I even managed to use chopsticks without dumping my food in my lap! Later on, I went to the Celtic Hearts reception, the Literacy Signing (where I took a lot of pictures of my friends) and the Hearts Through History reception where I met with a number of online friends. After that, I went to the PTN gathering. All in all, a very pleasant day.

Thursday was another story. I woke up puking--the taco I had at one of the receptions made a return journey. I was so sick that I asked the workshop coordinators to replace me if they could (I was supposed to moderate the workshop) since I wasn't sure I wouldn't throw up during the presentation. They did so I returned to my room where I stayed the rest of the day. I don't know if I had food poisoning or stomach flu. All I really can say is that it was NOT fun.

I feel a little better today so I'm hoping to make a few workshops and a Spotlight on Tor...I have an editor appointment with Anna G of Tor tomorrow so it wouldn't hurt to find out all I can about them.

No comments: