Monday, March 20, 2006

Festival of Extraterrestrial Abductions

First question: Who thinks up these weird holidays?

Second question: So what exactly are we celebrating? Being abducted? The fact that someone else has been abducted? I dunno.

Like many others, I hope there is other life in the galaxy. It seems a shame that Earth would be all alone. But I'm not so sure I want to be 'abducted'...unless the abductor is as handsome as Eric in my book HEARTSTONE. From all accounts, however, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Most of the alien encounters have been with the 'grays'. Now I won't be silly enough to suggest that all alien life form needs to look like us with our standards of beauty but someone with gray skin just isn't my cuppa. No abductions please.

I wouldn't mind a nice sit down, however. A chance to talk...which seems sorely lacking in most of these abductions cases. Instead, we have abductees being examined, painfully poked and prodded and pretty much treated like lab rats (I have issues with that too but that's another post). It seems to me that a civilization intelligent enough to cross the vast expanse of space would recognize intelligent life (umm, okay, so in humanity's case that might be asking a lot still...)

After all, we have buildings, roadways, autos and airplanes and unless these 'grays' are on the stupid side, they're bound to have heard the endless chatter we send out via radio. All this stuff might not mean we're as 'smart' as them but it surely represents a civilization composed of sentient life forms. So, if these painful experiments are indeed taking place, that tells me these are folk I probably wouldn't like a whole lot.

Nope, I'm not celebrating any abduction day. Unless the abductor is like Eric, or Mel Gibson, or Liam Neeson or...well, you get the picture.

No comments: