Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Feasting

As many of you know, I love to bake bread or cook somewhat 'fancified' meals. Over the holidays, I made a couple of loaves of yeast bread, made soup, and, because it was the holidays, I prepared a number of family traditions without which my family would probably skin me alive, LOL

But I'm always on the look out for new, intriguing recipes. I found one just yesterday for Butternut Squash soup which was excellent because I have frozen butternut squash in my freezer. The recipe actually is an Emeril recipe and appears easy and inexpensive (only has onions, garlic, carrots, cumin, salt and pepper and a tidbit of heavy cream plus the squash) The really neat thing is I'll get to put my new immersion blender (a Christmas present) to real use.



That's going to be our dinner tonight especially since the weather is too nasty to go out in (huge snowfall --yuck!). But fortunately, my DH and I like simple meals like this so it should be a winner :D

No comments: