Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday Treat Day - Altered Destiny #3

Treat - Tidbit, yep, I confuse myself, lol. I think I'll go with Treat so from now on, this will be Tuesday Treat Day ;-)


A wave lapped over her left foot, filling her shoe with icy water.  She jumped sideways before the next wave hit.  Waves shouldn’t reach this high on the little beach.  She puzzled over it for a moment.  Maybe a storm was coming?   But the sky was clear, filled with stars and a brilliant full moon.
In fact, her wishing star, or satellite, twinkled even more brightly.  “Star light, star bright.  First star I see tonight.”
She chuckled.  Well, it was the first star she’d noticed that night at any rate.  “May I have, may I wish
She paused again, and thought.  “What I wish tonight.”
The BMW’s engine noise faded in the distance.  She shivered at the sudden stillness.  “I wish for a new beginning.”

Available on Kindle and Nook 

No comments: