Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve Drinks

Happy Early New Year's Eve!

Hubby and I don't drink a lot but we do enjoy the occasional wine or cocktail. Mostly I stick with a margarita (on the rocks or frozen, doesn't matter as long as it has salt, lol) especially when I'm having a juicy medium rare steak at one of my favorite steak houses. But at this time of year with all the parties and visits, I sometimes like to 'experiment' with new (to me) drinks. Well, I just found these two and they sound yummy so I thought I'd share. ***Just remember - Always drink in moderation and Don't Drink and Drive. I want you back to visit me tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that ;-)


Mounds Martini

Ingredients
4 oz coconut rum
4 oz chocolate liquer (clear or brown, your choice)

Directions
1. Pour both ingredients into a martini shaker with 3 cubes of ice and strain into a martini glass. Enjoy. I've rimmed the glass with chocolate milk mix and a mixture of cocoa and powdered sugar, but the martini is wonderful by itself.
2. Sometimes you feel like a nut...if you do, add 2 ounces of Kahlua for an Almond Joy martini.
3. If you are making this recipe ahead, skip the ice and refrigerate the mixture in the martini shaker for a ready-to-pour cocktail.


White Chocolate Brandy Alexander

6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.

Ingredients

  • 3-1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 6 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped
  • 1/3 cup brandy
  • 1/4 cup creme de cacao
  • Whipped topping and white chocolate shavings, optional

Directions

  • In a large saucepan, heat the milk, vanilla and salt over medium heat
  • just until mixture comes to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Add
  • chocolate; whisk until mixture is smooth. Stir in brandy and creme
  • de cacao.
  • Fill mugs or cups three-fourths full. Top with whipped cream and
  • chocolate shavings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 316 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 7 g protein.
Click here to find out more!

No comments: