Hubby and I don't drink a lot but we do enjoy the occasional wine or cocktail. Mostly I stick with a margarita (on the rocks or frozen, doesn't matter as long as it has salt, lol) especially when I'm having a juicy medium rare steak at one of my favorite steak houses. But at this time of year with all the parties and visits, I sometimes like to 'experiment' with new (to me) drinks. Well, I just found these two and they sound yummy so I thought I'd share. ***Just remember - Always drink in moderation and Don't Drink and Drive. I want you back to visit me tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that ;-)
4 oz coconut rum
4 oz chocolate liquer (clear or brown, your choice)
1. Pour both ingredients into a martini shaker with 3 cubes of ice and strain into a martini glass. Enjoy. I've rimmed the glass with chocolate milk mix and a mixture of cocoa and powdered sugar, but the martini is wonderful by itself.
2. Sometimes you feel like a nut...if you do, add 2 ounces of Kahlua for an Almond Joy martini.
3. If you are making this recipe ahead, skip the ice and refrigerate the mixture in the martini shaker for a ready-to-pour cocktail.
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup creme de cacao
- Whipped topping and white chocolate shavings, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk, vanilla and salt over medium heat
- just until mixture comes to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Add
- chocolate; whisk until mixture is smooth. Stir in brandy and creme
- de cacao.
- Fill mugs or cups three-fourths full. Top with whipped cream and
- chocolate shavings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 316 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 7 g protein.
© Taste of Home 2012