Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Progress

Yep, there's been progress on two fronts. One--we had great weather this past weekend, enabling me to have a barbecue with my friends and plant a beautiful rhododendron in a planter in front of my garage (the trick now will be not to kill it!).

Two--I've got 175 pages on Rider. Of course, I'm having second thoughts on chapters 1-3...there's stuff there that IS important to the plot and our heroine's GMC but it doesn't really enhance the romance building between the two main characters. So my subconscious is walking around muttering 'Keep it? Or condense it?'

I'm trying not to make a decision at this time so I keep telling myself it's something that can wait until final revisions...especially since I plan on doing a BIAM thingie starting June 1. During that, there is no revision; there's only writing. The idea is to do as many pages as possible (or to accomplish whatever goal you've set yourself). My goal is a piddly little 60 pages. Doesn't sound like much but with all the other stuff I'm trying to get done, if I can actually put 60 pages in, I'll be happy :-)

1 comment:

Kate said...

so what happened to you? eh? it's JUNE

I'm still laughing at your post to HHRW today. No, come on, Lynda, please, no need to hold back. Let us know what do you really think about the "I hate you I love you I hate you" plot device.