April 6-17, 2009
MASTER CLASS: "Do-It-Yourself Media Kits"
by Theresa Meyers
Prerequisite: Published book or upcoming release date
Working on your own promotion, but not sure what you should or shouldn’t include when you send material out to the media? Look no further. Public Relations guru Theresa Meyers takes you through the ins and outs of media kits, both print and electronic, and demystifies what you need to have on hand. In this course you’ll get:
* The elements every media kit needs
* How to create them yourself
* Templates for making instant bios, press releases, and more!
* What to include and omit based on the media contact
* Fresh ideas for packaging your media kit
* Knowledge of why print and electronic media kits are different
* How to make each kind
Best known for getting her clients chosen as two out of the total seven picks for the Kelly Ripa Book Club, Theresa Meyers spent over ten years working in public relations, garnering millions of dollars in media coverage for her clients, before she launched Blue Moon Communications. A former journalist and magazine columnist, she now focuses on strategic planning for her clients, media training and author branded media campaigns. Find her online at www.bluemooncommunications.com