VIRGINIA ROMANCE WRITERS is pleased to present:
MASTER CLASS: DEEP EDITING POWER
with nationally known speaker, Margie Lawson (http://www.margielawson.com/)
Saturday, April 11, 2009
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Featherstone Professional Center
1807 Huguenot Road, Suite 108
DEEP EDITING is for the writer who wants to psychologically impact the
unconscious of the reader. For the writer who wants to learn fresh editing
techniques. For the writer who wants to edit for power.
1. Analyze Scenes with the EDITS System
2. Explore Rhetorical Devices:
--Learn 30 Rhetorical Devices for Fiction Writers
--Learn Why, How, and Where to use which Rhetorical Devices to Increase
--Use Worksheets for each Rhetorical Device
--Analyze Examples of Rhetorical Devices from Best-selling Authors
3. Learn Margie’s One-Sentence Analysis
4. Learn Margie’s Five-Question Scene Checklist
5. Learn Deep Editing Techniques
6. Learn Margin Tracking Codes and Systems
7. Develop a personal editing checklist from the Master Editing Checklist
8. Learn how to make a FINAL EDITING PASS be your last pass
Seating limited to 60 participants - register early to guarantee a space.
Registrations accepted through TUESDAY, APRIL 7.
No cancellations/refunds after April 10.
VRW Members: $15
All others: $25